It’s important to understand that many GPs are not directly employed by the NHS. They are self-employed and they have to cover their own costs. The NHS covers costs for NHS work, but for non-NHS work, the fees charged by GPs contribute towards their costs. The Government’s contract with GPs covers medical services to NHS patients, including the provision of ongoing medical treatment. In recent years, more and more organisations have been involving doctors in a whole range of non-medical work. Sometimes the only reason that GPs are asked is because they are in a position of trust in the community, or because an insurance company or employer wants to ensure that information provided to them is true and accurate.

Fees List

Please see our current charges for non-NHS services below. Should you have a query about these services, please contact us.

WGP Non-NHS Service Fees

Access To Medical Records

You have a legal right to apply for access to your medical records. You do not need to give a reason. This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR), as set out by the Data Protection Act of 1998. A request for your medical records should be made directly with the healthcare provider that provided the care, such as your GP surgery, a hospital, an optician or a dental practice. We cannot issue information from third parties.

A SAR form must be completed to gain access to medical records. SAR forms may only be obtained by visiting us. Once complete, the forms should be returned to our Reception Team. We will not accept requests made verbally or by email. We have a calendar month to process your SAR request. A member of the Administration Team will contact you when the records are ready for collection. We may also contact you if we have any queries about your request. We cannot issue copies of records via email.

If you are relocating to somewhere covered by NHS England (map on page) your records will be transferred digitally automatically when you re-register. However if you are moving out of the area covered by NHS England and want to take your records with you, you will need to complete a SAR for copies of printed records. Your new practice outside of the NHS England boundary cannot request them on your behalf. It is best to let us know that you need copies of your records as soon as possible before your departure:

  • If you have completed a SAR form more than calendar month before departure you may complete the process as above and expect to collect your records.
  • If you have completed a SAR form within one calendar month of departure it is more than likely that the copies of records will need to be posted to your new location, where a £20.00 postage fee is chargeable per copy of records.
  • If you have completed a form and have already relocated the copies of records will need to be posted to your new location, where a £20.00 postage fee is chargeable per copy of records.

Terms Of Service

  • The fees charged are based on advice from the British Medical Association and in accordance with other regulatory bodies.
  • Payment for appointment-essential services must be taken before the scheduled appointment.
  • Appointments are not confirmed until full payment has been received.
  • Refunds are available for appointment-essential services providing that we have received and acknowledged notice of cancellation before the day of the scheduled appointment.
  • Refunds will not be given to patients who fail to attend scheduled appointments.
  • Administrative services may take up to twenty one working days to complete.
  • Copies of medical records (SARs) may take up to one calendar month to complete.